Thursday, April 8, 2021

What a Relief!

If you've ever been to a 3D movie and put on those silly glasses, you might have jerked 'em off at the things that seem to leave the screen into your lap! I propose our responses to most of life is influenced by our perspective. When I gauge events and circumstances [of my life] by a secular worldview, I stay "in the stew" - as my Nanny would say. There is a remedy, a fix for this: "See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ." (Colossians 2:8). Navigating life isn't about having complete knowledge and understanding of everything that happens to us; no! it's about a belief system rooted solely in The Sovereign God and The Truth of His Word. It's easy to "say" I believe - it's altogether different to genuinely "live" out of that belief system! Basically, it's a matter of perspective: will we see things through the world's trending-popular outlook, or will we see life through the eye of faith? I choose to trust in the Lord with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). Oh, wow ... what a relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home