Friday, August 20, 2010

God's Mercy Is Great!

There's a good reason they call the Grand Canyon "grand." Although amazing, pictures don't show the reality of its depth, contours, hues, and beauty. "Grand" is probably a conservative description!

God's mercy is great!  Spurgeon said, "there is nothing little in God."  A church pianist most of my life, I thought the small console piano really good; that is, until I played the grand piano in our present sanctuary. Yep, there's a good reason it's called a grand!  Man cannot comprehend the depth of God's mercy alone but an even greater mystery is that such mercy is extended to me!  Hymn writer, Charles Wesley, wrote: "Depth of mercy! Can there be mercy still reserved for me? There for me the Savior stands, shows His wounds and spreads His hands. God is love! I know, I feel; Jesus weeps and loves me still." Dare we ever doubt Its grandness!  Yes, God's mercy is great!

Dear Lord,
I am humbled and stand in awe of Your abundant mercy.  Make it rule my heart and be a way of life for me!  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home