Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just Me!

I have a dear friend who signs personal notes, "Just Me!"  I like that -- no airs, no pretenses, what you see is what you get.  She’s just who she is.

God accepts me just as ... me!  I come to Him over and over again in spiritual disarray and He forgives me, cleans me up, and sends me on my way again in His strength with renewed hope.  Romans 5:8 says, "But God commendeth his love toward [me], in that, while [I] was yet a sinner, Christ died for [me.]"  Since God sees my woeful state and still loves me, I too must love others.  Susan Lenzkes writes: "Some people have a way of making themselves at home. They don't ring the front doorbell. They slip in the back. They don't care if there's clutter on the floor. They'll either help you pick it up, or step over it to pour you each a cup of coffee. How do these people do it? Perhaps the key to the back door of our hearts is simply acceptance. Such people leave behind their expectations of how others should be and what they should do. To them, every person is buried treasure to be discovered and enjoyed. Evaluations, judgments and makeovers are not their job. Loving acceptable is. When such a person takes me into her heart, it is certain that she cannot stay long out of mine."  God gave up His Precious so that we could have everything! His love was neither blinded nor tainted by what He saw ... He loved me enough to send His very best for ... just me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home