Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Put Off - Put On: Love

My family ends each phone conversations to one another with the words “love you.” Most all times it’s easy to say, but there have been a few times … well, not so easy.  There’s no telling how times in a day we say, I love this and I love that with little thought to what real love entails.  God’s pretty specific in His Word, however, about how and why Christians are to love.  “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love … If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?” (1 John 4:7-8,20)  These verses what IS love but what IS NOT love – directing us to when and where there is lack of love.  John 15:12 gives us God’s love-command: “This is my commandment that ye love one another, as I have loved you.” (John 15:12)  By and through His Grace today, let us “put off” a lack of love and “put on” love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home