Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Get It Right!

Getting it right is one thing – getting it exactly right is something altogether different.  I heard someone pray against the spirit of perfectionism a few days ago, and I wanted to say “amen” and “amen” and “amen.”  It’s an ugly battle for me. When given a choice, I always choose a pencil with an eraser – a good eraser!

How is it we are so careful to coordinate colors of clothes-shoes-jewelry and hang pictures with such precision yet allow our spiritual lives to fall where they may?  How do we face each day with the right frame of mind and spirit?  Jesus set the example for us, “And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.” (Mark 1:35)  One writer explained that Jesus had “gotten quiet enough to discover His Father’s priorities for that day.” (Nancy Leigh DeMoss)  The priorities of Jesus – what an amazing thing to ponder.  John 6:38 tells us Jesus priority while among us, “For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.”  The key question each Believer must answer is what is my life’s priority?  Will I spend my time here chasing frivolous things that have no eternal significance or will I make Christ’s priorities my own?  Whatever choice we make, do not be deceived, this life is for real and even the best of erasers won’t undo how we spend our time. Seek Him first and let’s get it right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home