Monday, August 8, 2011

His Stretch

Do you do morning stretches?  Oh, I do -- I STRETCH to turn on my bedside lamp, I STRETCH to smooth out of the bed covers, I STRETCH to reach the missing shoe underneath the bed.  Morning stretches are tough!

Have you ever thought about how God stretches?  Consider Moses and the countless excuses he gave God about leading the Hebrews out of slavery.  And, David whose life was filled with consequences of poor choices.  Don’t forget Elijah who ran like a scalded dog from Jezebel.  Psalm 138:7 says, "Thought I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me."  Doesn’t sound like we're on our own when trouble comes.  No, quite the opposite: we have an awesome promise that God's Hand stretches to, around, over, and beneath us in times of trouble.  There's no reason to fret, worry, or wonder about His Presence.  He is our Heavenly Father, and He loves to stretch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home