Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Full House

If playing cards is a sport, I'll never be a MVP.  As best I can recall, the first card game I learned to play was "Old Maid," and can only name two other games I know how to play ... Rummy and UNO.  Dad was raised in a home where playing cards was taboo so I didn't play much growing up.  Over the years, I've been lured into a few games only to prove what a real chump at cards I am.

God is a rich and generous Father.  Proverbs 15:6 says, "In the house of the righteous is much treasure ... "  Born-again children of God have more treasure than they can count, and wise saints know it! Oh, it’s easy to say, "Thank you, God" for all our stuff but how grateful are we for the priceless spiritual riches that are ours in Christ: joy in the middle of sorrow, victory in times of battle, refuge during the storm, hope that overshadows despair?  I know I’ve been told, but I don't remember what a "full house" is. I do know, however, there abundant supply of riches that are mine because I’m a child of The King ... I live in full house of His Treasure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home