Monday, December 19, 2011

Wonder Love

What is wonderful?  Fantastic. Magnificent. Marvelous. Splendid. Amazing. Incredible. Miraculous. Remarkable. Spectacular.  In other words --  chocolate, clean sheets, kittens, homemade vegetable soup ... only to name a few!

The Psalmist wrote of God's wonderful works, and how the very knowledge of God is "too wonderful for me." (Psalm 139:6)  The Hebrew word for wonderful is piliy describing a separate & distinguished thing so great it is difficult to understand, even hidden from man's perception.  Simply put, it's a wonder!  It certainly IS a wonder how God can love me but it's NO WONDER to Him: I am His design, created in His Image so He is glorified and magnified in and through me.  Oh, yes, He loves me, so deeply He became flesh to change my sin-stained condition.  Bethlehem's Baby – magnificent, marvelous, splendid, amazing, incredible, miraculous, remarkable, spectacular … oh, so wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home