Friday, December 21, 2012

Shiner Moment

One of my favorite episodes of Andy Griffith is when Opie faced a bully and ended up with a black eye. Do you remember what he asked his dad? He said, "Paw, if I take real good care of it, how long do you think it will last?" I love it!

How many shiner-moments of life do you remember? I remember a few but one, in particular. Dad and I disagreed on something then he explained how things would be and why: "Because I'm the Daddy." Yeah, that was a shiner-moment in my life! Do you remember hearing The Gospel for the first time? I don't remember a lot of details about when and where, but I'll never forget how the message pierced my sinful heart. It was certainly THE shiner-moment of my life. I love to think about the shepherds who saw and heard from God in the Bethlehem sky. They had quite a story to tell and I know it was more than lights and angels. Their story was about His Shining Light and how His Message changed their lives. It was the shiner-moment of their lives! Have you experienced The Light and His Message? If not, I pray He will draw you near to the manger this Season, you will hear His Message, then know The shiner-moment of your life.

Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul. Thank you, Lord, for making me whole.
Thank you, Lord, for giving to me. Thy great salvation so rich and free.

From my home to yours, I wish you the deep and abiding love of The Savior this Season.
May His Joy be your genuine delight and His Peace warmth that radiates from inside-to-out.
Until Tuesday, January 8 … Merry Christmas & Miles of Smiles, Beverly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home