Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nothing Sudden

Some things we see coming; others come upon us suddenly -- like losing power.  My children, like Mr. Bill, have always been weather-watchers.  I suspect Mr. Bill checks the weather more often than the time!  “What’s the weather report?” is as common a question here as “what’s for dinner?”  Just so you know, weather-watchers pride themselves in being prepared for weather-related matters – they just don’t do … sudden!

For the record, nothing happens “suddenly” with God!  Psalm 34:7 says, “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and delivers them.”  I am not a camper – no tents, sleeping bags, or bath houses for me.  I’m evermore grateful to know and trust, however, God and His hosts of angels camp around all who love and fear Him!  It isn’t necessary that we see them; it is enough that they see us!  We can rest in His promise, “For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.” (Psalm 91:11).  Make no mistake – this doesn’t mean life here will be free of pain and struggles; no, but “we shall not be surprised by sudden assaults nor swallowed up by overwhelming forces.” (Charles H. Spurgeon).  Although my weather-watchers make many predictions and I’m so grateful for the warnings, they’ve not yet mastered full and precise predictions.  None of us know what tomorrow [even the next minute] holds, but we hold to One Who holds us and knows … nothing sudden!

Many things about tomorrow, I don’t seem to understand.
But I know Who holds tomorrow. And I know Who holds my hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home