Thursday, November 5, 2015

Mastered

Who cares to boast of having nothing?  Having no access to chocolate is certainly nothing to boast about - that comes close to being poverty-stricken!

 

John Piper wrote, "The people that make a durable difference in the world are not the people who have mastered many things, but who have been mastered by a few great things." This shouldn’t news to anyone but an extensive resume or career titles does not make us.  I put forth it is not what but Who has "mastered" us that gives us reason to boast.  There's a group of Americans who claim no religious affiliation - they are referred to as the "nones."  I suspect there are even more "nones" who should admit no affiliation with The Master.  Like the Ephesian Christians, they have abandoned their "first love," laid aside their zeal and passion for the God of Salvation (Revelation 2:4). Acts 20:24 says, "I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may accomplish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the Gospel of the Grace of God."  Ah! There's the reason to boast – mastered by The Master.  Not one who has thus accomplished, thus testified can possibly be counted among the "nones."  Are you a student of The Master - Jesus Christ?  Is your first love still your ... first love?  May it be so that we may rightfully and joyfully boast of none other!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home