Thursday, March 3, 2016

Spend It!

Of all the people I’ve known, my grandparents were the most frugal.  I suspect they saved the most of every dollar they ever earned, but not in a negatively stingy way; they were also compassionate and giving.  Their daughter and son (my Dad) carried this in their adult lives.  Unfortunately, and much to Mr. Bill’s chagrin, that didn’t rub-off on this ole gal.

 

Three times Jesus asked Peter “do you love Me,” three times Peter answered yes, and three times Jesus commanded Peter “feed My sheep.” (John 21).  Last time I looked that word “feed” is a verb – an action word, a do-something word.  I’ve seen in places of business where the first dollar earned was framed and displayed on the wall; yeah, I get it – however, that dollar never did anything more than … hang on the wall.  When the soul of man is united with God (salvation), we receive the Holy Spirit and the Father’s Love is given to us. What do we do with that Love?  Wrongly, Christians save God’s Love for Sunday mornings when, in fellowship with other Believers, we offer it freely.  This is contrary to Jesus’ command: “Don’t testify how much you love Me, don’t profess about the marvelous revelation you have had, but – “Feed My sheep,” Jesus says (John 21:17).  Mr. Bill (and Dad), I’m sure, would be delighted if I’d hang on to more of my dollars; God my Father is pleased, however, when we spend His imparted Love in ways which tend to, care for, feed His sheep.  Is the Love of God in you?  If so, spend it … lavishly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home