Sunday, April 10, 2016

Big Faith

Rational thinking is expedient especially in an emergency as well as when there are multiple choices.  I do not consider rational thinking one of my strongest traits – that’s why I have Mr. Bill … well, one reason.

 

It evermore amazes me how spiritually irrational Christians live.  We say we believe God is all-mighty and all His words are true yet we lack enough faith to (as Pastor Tony used to say) “blow the fuzz off a peanut!”  Yes, I am many times amazed – and ashamed – at my little faith.  Truth is, I don’t serve a little God.  Job declared this: “I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.” (42:2).  What a profound and bold statement – what a basis for big faith – how rational then to live in it!  The writer of Hebrews encouraged us: “Let us hold fast the confession of our Hope without wavering, for He Who promised is Faithful.” (10:23).  As you wake, opening your eyes to the new day, taking in your first conscious breath, having your earliest thoughts – let it all be by faith.  There exists no promises for this day except The Promiser.  Live in … big faith!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home