Monday, April 24, 2017

Perfect Words

You know, there’s really nothing perfect outside of God Himself.  Nonetheless, we search for the perfect dress for an occasion or perfect birthday gift when in light of perfection we really just … settle.  Nehemiah seems pretty sure of himself when he described Almighty God: “Now, therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God …” (9:32a).  We’re confined to words but the soul is not.  You and I can know God’s greatness, His mightiness, His awesomeness even though we may be limited to words to describe them.  I’d much rather experience these things of God than feel I have to describe them.  Yes, I’ll keep searching for the right words, but mostly I’ll keep seeking The One my words describe.  “But for me it is good to be near God.” Psalm 73:28.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home