Monday, December 18, 2017

Loyalty

​Most people bristle when their loyalty is brought into question.  I suggest, however, every Christian should examine his or her loyalty.  Begin with this: do you really believe Romans 8:28 - "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God."?  This idea was presented to me as I read Oswald Chamber's: "To be faithful in every circumstance means that we have only one loyalty, and that is to our Lord." Do you feel that sting?  Consider a young teenage girl who, after visited by the angel said these words, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to Thy word." (Luke 1:38).  Then within weeks of giving birth, she obediently makes a 4-5 day journey to an otherwise unfamiliar city to deliver her child. There were no engineering of circumstances, no alternative plans or excuses offered - just one devoted response: "be it unto me according to Thy word." Chambers concludes, "The idea is not that we do work for God, but that we are so loyal to Him that He can do His work through us."  Jesus was loyal to The Father's plan for Salvation even unto death on a cross. I wonder what loyalty looks like in my life.  What does it look like in yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home