Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Worth The Wait

Have you ever waited expectantly, even wished time would hurry-up?  The anticipated moment comes: the wait is over and you’re thought are “I waited for this?” or “what a waste of time!”  You know, we spend a lot of our lives waiting: in checkout lines, in traffic, in waiting rooms, for beach trips, etc.  We don’t mind waiting when we’re fairly confident the wait is worth it.  David wrote, “For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation, my Defense and my Strong Tower; I will not be shaken or disheartened.” (Psalm 62:1-2).  David’s words are not only words of great confidence in God but of deep trust in Him Who he waits.  While he is waiting, the writer is at rest – at peace – at ease.  No twiddlin’ of thumbs or wringing of hands or biting of nails!  No, just a quiet confident patience in God Who never disappoints, is never late and never fails those who hope in Him.  That’s Adonai (The Lord, My Great Lord), Elohim (The All-Powerful One, Creator), El Roi (The God Who Sees Me), El Shaddai (The All Sufficient One, God Almighty), Immanuel (God with Us), Jehovah (“I AM”, The One Who Is).  His promise is for strength here and now, and for an eternal home with Him some day.  In Him we hope and wait with All Confidence, knowing He alone is worthy and worth the wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home