Monday, June 29, 2020

Conviction

We all know, as a manner of justice, a prisoner is one who is confined to prison for a crime. Although we don't hear the term much any more, my parents' and grandparents' generations referred to a prisoner as a "convict." Let me say with great joy and gratitude: because of Jesus, I'm no longer a spiritual prisoner to sin! No longer a spiritual convict! However, I'm quite familiar with spiritual conviction - the power and influence of The Holy Spirit. Jesus said, "The Helper, The Holy Spirit, Whom The Father will send in My Name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." (John 14:26). Every Believer receives The Holy Spirit at Salvation, and it is He Who teaches, guides and [yes] convicts or "brings to mind" that which is holy and righteous. When we sin, we are not condemned - those dreadful days are past - but we are convicted of our sins and led by The Holy Spirit to repentance, confession and forgiveness. That is, if we listen and obey! How wonderful to no longer be a convict but a companion to conviction. Thank You, Father, for The Holy Spirit's work in me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home