Sunday, January 10, 2021

Ancient Words

Occasionally, I hear something that makes my heart smile. As I read Scripture aloud recently, there was a chorus, sudden and unexpected surround-sound: from memory, those to whom I read began to recite the verse from memory. In a day when we have memorized passwords, addresses and music lyrics [to name a few], we have not committed to heart the most treasured and powerful of words. The psalmist wrote, "I have stored up Your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." (Psalm 105:11). It is, therefore, no mystery why we struggle with purity and holiness! I suggest we must do better; that we "turn our eyes from looking at worthless things and find life and power in God's Holy Word (119:37). Let us find echoes of Scripture in our hearts and made real before others. "Ancient words ever true - Changing me and changing you - We have come with open hearts - Oh, let the Ancient Words impart."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home