Thursday, September 23, 2021

Stay Seated

Too many years ago to count at Universal Studios in Florida, Dennis and I got up close and personal with the mechanical shark from the movie "Jaws." That may have been the last time Dennis sat in his Mama's lap! With God, there is no reason for fear. It's our flesh that has trouble believing it.  Dennis & I both knew that shark wasn't real - that the whole thing was staged to scare us silly but [even] that didn't keep us in our seats! Putting feet to our faith is the big challenge in our lives. Psalm 56:4 says, "In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?" David wrote this when he was in some fearful circumstances; he was a Philistine captive! There are many scary things in our lives; they come unexpectedly and with little mercy, causing us to leave our seats and run for cover. God's Strength is perfect - perfectly and completely sufficient and trustworthy! Yeah, Dennis and I felt pretty silly [indeed] at our fear of that not-real shark; when we actually act-out our trust in God, we find the scary isn't nearly as scary as it seem. Trust The One most Trustworthy, and ... stay seated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home