Monday, May 2, 2022

A Beautiful Life

Battery acid, jitter juice, jet fuel, cup of Joe - the list of names go on for this morning brew. Like it or not, it's mostly the caffeine-jolt desired. There are, of course, those who prefer their caffeine cold. Hot or cold, that craving for caffeine is seriously real. When we consider addictions, we usually think of the more common diagnosed behaviors. We are wise to reconsider. Jesus said, "Why do you not understand what I am saying?  It is because you cannot hear My word. You are of your father the the devil ... Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. (John 8:43-44). Just because we are born-again children of God doesn't mean we aren't exposed to - even deceived by - Satan's lies. Instead of the beautiful fruits of The Holy Spirit within us, we [too] can find ourselves trapped by (addicted to) sins of the flesh: slander, gossip, apathy, selfishness, anger, rebellion, etc. In the same way addictions look ugly on their victims, so does "rotten fruit" on the Believer. Paul wrote,  "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in The Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20). Dead to sin and freed from its bondage, we can most assuredly live ... a beautiful life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home