Sunday, February 12, 2023

The Lighted Path

"Watch your step" we say to our little ones and then to our older ones. The older-me even says it to myself! God says, "Let your eyes look directly ahead and let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you. Watch the path of your feet and all your ways will be established. Do not turn to the right nor to the left; turn your foot from evil." (Proverbs 4:25-27). I can confirm most of the stumbles in my life were due to my eyes not fixed on the path ahead nor on my steps but rather by what was to the right-and-left leading to bad choices and unpleasant circumstances. We know we can't rewind nor undo what is done but it's never too late to begin to walk in wisdom. There really is more to walking wisely than just carefully putting one foot in front of the other; it is walking in the established ways of God. Verse 18 encourages us: "the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines brighter and brighter until the full day." Oh yeah, walk the lighted path!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home