Wednesday, March 1, 2023

The Book for Me

A dear friend told me recently how much she loves old books. Many literature books have become classics and timeless! Hear what God says about Lady Wisdom in His Book: "The LORD created and possess Me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old [were accomplished]. From everlasting I was established and ordained, from the beginning, before the earth existed [I, Godly Wisdom, existed]. ... When He established the heavens, I [Wisdom] was there." (Proverbs 8:22-23, 27, AMP). Have you noticed how our society wants to discard [what it deems] old and out-dated and replace it with new and trendy? God said through the prophet Jeremiah: "Thus says the Lord: 'Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.' But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’". (Jeremiah 6:16). Go ahead, call me "old-school" but God's Word and Way have proven Themselves trustworthy and sure. God's Word is among those "old books" and I'm among those who love It and the Wisdom It gives. It is The Classic [of all classics] and altogether timeless. The B-I-B-L-E ... yes, that's the Book for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home