Sunday, June 25, 2023

Dare to Climb

Not one of mine, but a favorite pastime for some is hiking. The best climbing I do is out of the bed each morning, and I find myself truly grateful for that accomplishment! The spiritual growth of a follower of Jesus can be paralleled to that of a climber. From the foot of a mountain, the climber's view is pretty limited; when he begins the ascent, however, oh at the things revealed and enjoyed. There is so much God longs to reveal to His children! "Put Me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need" (Malachi 3:10). When we dare to climb to spiritual heights, we are never disappointed - we find God to be more than imagined! Paul, an old man in prison, wrote this: "I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that day what has been entrusted to me" (2 Timothy 1:12). Paul knew The One in Whom he had trusted the days of his life; he was, therefore, convinced and confidently so; he knew God was altogether able and trustworthy. How did he know? Paul wasn't satisfied to stand at the foot of the mountain - no! he dared to climb and watch God grow his faith. Are we willing to stand still spiritually, sit gazing upward, missing so much? Don't be content at the foor of the mountain ... dare to climb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home