Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Talk to Him

Don't you just hate it when you call a business and no one answers! I recently called to order fresh-baked cookies from a local shop; repeatedly I called - no answer and no cookies! David wrote, "Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness. You have freed me when I was hemmed in and enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me and hear my prayer." (Psalm 4:1, AMP). What I needed were cookies so I called the cookie shop; what David needed was mercy in his hour of need. I've had their cookies before and they were delicious, and I had complete confidence they would be delicious again; God had given David freedom and protection when he was previously distressed so David knew once again God would deliver him. Unfortunately, the cookie shop failed to answer my need for cookies; God never fails to answer! "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayer." (1 Peter 3:12, ESV). God doesn't surrender His Will to our every whim; He does, however, answer with abundance and perfection according to His plan, purpose and riches. "And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us." (1 John 5:14). What a kind, gracious, compassionate, wise and faithful Father we have: talk to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home