Monday, May 20, 2024

Real and Alive

Gravity is a real thing. Another fact is gravity doesn't care one iota whether you believe it's real or not; it just goes on being gravity and doing what gravity does. On the island of Patmos, Jesus spoke to Apostle John in a vision, and John wrote: "When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. And He placed His right hand on me and said, 'Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last [absolute Deity, the Son of God], and the Ever-living One [living in and beyond all time and space]. I died, but see, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of [absolute control and victory over] death and of Hades (the realm of the dead).'" (Revelation 1:17-18, AMP). One might reason, "I don't believe that - it's only an imagination, a dream - it's not real." That same logic can be applied to gravity: "I just don't believe gravity is real," however, once put to the test, guess what? Gravity wins! It is proven to be true. God is not intimidated by the skeptic neither is His Word dependent upon belief in Its validity or truthfulness. Scholars have estimated there are 8,000 promises in God's Word, and what is the guarantee that these promises are real and true? "All the promises of God find their Yes in [Jesus]. That is why it is through [Jesus] that we utter our Amen to God for His glory. (2 Corinthians 1:20, ESV). When John wrote what Jesus revealed to Him, it was no mere vision nor man's imagination. It was a seal upon the Truth of who God is and who Jesus is - First and Last, Deity, Son of God, Ever-living One, Victor over death, Alive. Surer than the gravity, Jesus is real and alive ... it's best we believe it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home