Good Practice
Good practices can shape and re-shape our lives. Mister Bill and I have recently begun having a daily protein shake, something for most of our lives we've managed to ... avoid. It's surprising how "good taste" can change your mind about something! David begins Psalm 9 with four "I will" statements: "I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart - I will tell of all Your marvelous works - I will be glad and rejoice in You - I will sing praise to Your Name, O Most High." (Verses 1-2 NKJV). We don't know the circumstances of David's life when he wrote this psalm but [from the rest of the psalm], we learn he was troubled by enemies. We can relate to this, right? We cannot escape times of fear, sorrow and discouragement. We are told in 1 Peter 5:8 the enemy "prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." A good practice of David's was to remember the past and how God had delivered him - it made him confident in the present. "The LORD also will be refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble, And those who know Your Name will put their trust in You; for You, LORD, have nasforsaken those who seek You." (Verses 9-10 NKJV). Yes, David knew the God of past deliverance was the God of his present and future deliverance! Mister Bill likes the taste of his Frosted Mango shake and I love my Strawberry Slush - it's a bonus practice that the shakes are good for us. It's always good that we remember the nature of our Great God and His gracious works - yes, remembering is just ... good practice.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home