Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Right Diet

What are Graham crackers made of?  Do you know?  They are made of graham flour, which is simply whole wheat flour.  It was promoted by a nineteenth-century Presbyterian minister named Sylvester Graham.  He traveled through the United States preaching and promoting eating a healthy diet, which he also believed led to a virtuous & wholesome life.

God's Word says the world will see His righteousness when His Children embrace His Truth.  Unfortunately, it takes much more than a glass of milk and Graham crackers to make one righteous and holy.  Psalm 119:173-176 says, "Let Your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen Your precepts. I long for Your salvation, O Lord, and Your law is my delight. Let my soul live that it may praise You, and let Your ordinances help me. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments.”  All of me must be measured by God's principles, not the world’s.  Only a daily diet of His Word produces godliness.  Sorry Mr. Graham, it's the only diet that works for righteousness!

Dear Lord,
Lead me in the way of righteousness by seeking You early in the morning, and keep me near the cross through the day.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home