Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm Full!

Since my maiden name was “Fuller,” imagine how much fun I had after a meal when someone [regrettably] said, “I’m full.”  Oh, yeah -- “I’m … “

Marie Chapian notes for centuries people have believed their “destiny” is controlled by their astrological sign, the month they were born. Colossians tells us we are complete in Christ alone -- nothing else.  Since He is “head over every power and authority,” (2:10), we know it isn’t the stars that control our destiny but rather He Who created the stars!  What joy to know all wholeness and full identity in Jesus Christ!  He’s more powerful than our present circumstances and the world’s seductive philosophies and falsehoods. The righteous find their personal self-worth and purpose in the Lord – not in other people, success, relationships, circumstances or the stars. The Christian can boast confidently: “I’m full … with the fullness of Christ.”

Dear Lord,
Thank you for giving me fullness in You.  May this sustain me at all times.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home