Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Quiet the Jungle

Life is not for the ill-equipped!  I am reminded of words from a past television show, "Be careful -- it's a jungle out there."

Life really is a jungle and most aren’t good at safaris!  For me, the jungle and its creepy, crawly things loss of focus on The King -- Jesus Christ.  Psalm 46 describes God's power in this world: "Come and see the works of the Lord, the desolations he has brought on the earth. He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he burns the shields with fire." (V.8-9).  God, Creator and Master of all creation, subdues evil and provides "refuge and strength, ever-present help in trouble" (V.1).  How do we know and feel His guidance, His peace, His wisdom each day when problems beset us, answers aren’t clear, future is uncertain, and faith is weak?  Verse 10 says, "Be still, and know that I am God ... "  Be still?  In this constantly moving world, be still?  Yes, He instructs us to cease from our busyness, stop rushing around, flitting about, just ... stop and be still!  I have heard The Father most often and most clearly when I was … doing less.  Just quietly listening, patiently waiting, in the stillness of a moment … I heard Him, I saw Him, I knew Him.  Let me encourage you today to find a stopping place: a quiet car, the library, an outdoor bench, my personal favorites – a porch swing, an open Bible at the kitchen table.  Wherever and whenever the opportunity comes, just stop and let God quiet the jungle.  He waits for you there!  Be still and know Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home