Monday, April 25, 2011

Thanks for the Journey

An empty cross.  An empty grave.  A risen Messiah.  A living Lord.  A coming King.  Wonders of our faith!  It’s easy to see the gloom in Christ's final week and become overwhelmed by its agony and cruelty.  Christ's greatest pain came in separation from The Father when our sin was heaped upon Him.  While in Jerusalem several years ago, I cannot tell you how moving it was to touch the rock upon which Jesus’ blood fell, to view a tomb similar to His, to walk through the garden where He knelt to pray, to climb the ancient Roman Road He most likely walked in His last hours.

Let me ask you a personal question: when did The Savior’s love first pierce your heart?  I hope you can answer that question specifically.  For me, it was at the tender age of five following a summer revival.  I didn't understand a lot, but I knew two important things: my heart was full of sin and I needed Jesus.  You know what?  That's why He came.  It’s the whole message of Easter wrapped up in His Gift to you and I.  Max Lucado writes, "You see, when your Father comes to deliver you from bondage, you don't ask questions; you obey instructions. You take his hand. You walk the path. You leave bondage behind. And you never, never forget."  I praise You, Lord – I thank you for The Journey to the Cross!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home