Monday, September 26, 2011

Remember

Remembering can be fun!  I was looking through a box of old photographs recently and found I couldn't stop until (hours later) had emptied the entire box!  Those pictures of family, friends, parties, and trips brought a deluge of memories.  How much fun it was … just remembering!

The Word of the LORD came to Jeremiah like this: "I remember you, the kindness of your youth, the love of your betrothal, when you went after Me in the wilderness, in a land not sown." (Jeremiah 2:2)  God was speaking to the Children of Israel whom He delivered out of Egypt and led to the Land of Promise, never once failing them.  We know their story of disobedience and wandering, as well as the whining and doubt they leveled at God and His chosen Leaders.  Here, God isn’t remembering [as if He forgot] but rather calling to the mind of His beloved people a particular season when their fellowship with Him was sweet.  There are times when I find myself recalling times when I was more obedient to God, my fellowship with Christ more intimate, sharing a deeper and more sincere sense of His Presence.  That’s when my past needs to catch up to my present!  The Believer’s walk with Christ should never be a memory -- something we recall with wishful fondness.  No, it should be who we are, what we are about, a daily pursuit, the purpose for each day.  When we’re not moving toward and growing in Christ, we are backing up and losing valuable ground.  Consider today just what God remembers about you and your walk with Him.  May it never become a memory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home