Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Good Sweep

It's amazing how much debris gathers on my kitchen floor between sweepings. I don’t claim to be the most faithful sweeper, and I can a good measure of just how unfaithful I am at sweeping is WHAT I sweep up! 

The Believer's heart needs a good sweepin' regularly!  The debris in my kitchen is nothing compared to what collects in my heart, and it becomes pretty apparent when there are unconfessed sin in my life: my walk and talk tell the tale!  Mark 7 gives quite a collection of nastiness that accumulate in our hearts: envy, slander, deceit, arrogance, foolishness ... oh, and the list grows worse!  In Psalm 51, David penned one of the greatest prayers for cleansing of the heart: "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. … Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” (V.1-3, 10) The Believer needs to pray this every day allowing the Holy Spirit to cleanse us our sinfulness through the shed blood of Christ.  Keep a short list of sins and maintain a healthy heart … it’s part of a good sweep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home