Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Love Of Your Life

Mr. Bill sometimes calls me the "love of his life."  It IS a  little embarrassing when he does that name-calling thing in public, but I know he  really does mean it. I know it because he backs it up with a lot of good doings -- he  does laundry, waters my plants, meets me at the car some afternoons, and  always lets me choose the restaurant ... even though he knows my first choice is always Mexican!

God is jealous of our love! (Nahum 1:2)  He chose us to be His own so it  grieves Him when we love another.  We allow our love of other things to squeeze Him out -- money, beauty, career, entertainment, material things.  In  fact, God is often found way down on our list of loves!  We can’t really know how He feels when we don't choose Him first!  Now, Mr. Bill's words,  "love-of-my-life," aren't hollow or cheap because his actions back them up.  Neither are God's words of love to us empty – far from it!  His affirmation of love to us was Christ on the cross, paying our sin-debt.  Truth is, our lives will always reveal who or what we love most.  So, then, what (or Who) is the real love-of-your life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home