Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Good Poke

Who doesn’t need a good nudge occasionally!  When young, our boys responded fairly well to thumping and finger-poking.  I’m sure Mr. Bill would say I need much more than a “gentle nudge” to get me out of bed in the mornings!  Dynamite probably comes to his mind.

How often do you ask God for help?  I don’t mean simply praying, “help me, Lord.”  It’s true, the LORD knows our heart and utterings, but the writer of Psalm 119 wasn’t vague in his request to The Father: “Deal bountifully with your servant, that I may live and keep your word. Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. … Take away from me scorn and contempt, for I have kept your testimonies. … Your testimonies are my delight; they are my counselors.” (V.17,18,22,24)  He writes fully aware of his frail state and doesn’t hesitate to ask God with forthrightness: Lord, do this for me so I am empowered to do this for you!  God through His Son, Jesus Christ, made this possible, “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)  This Truth alone should give us the thumpin’, gentle nudge, good poke, yes, even the dynamite we need to make our requests known to The Father.  He always responds perfectly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home