Monday, October 24, 2011

Magnificent

The trampoline in our backyard was multifunctional.  It wasn’t just a springboard to the sky for little boys or an outdoor wrestling arena or an above-ground table for an afternoon picnic.  When turned on its side, it was a great baseball pitch-back!  Whether the boys were hitting into it or just throwing at the target drawn on the mat, the return was magnificent!

What springs from your heart?  Trust me, “magnificent” is not a word that describes mine!  Jeremiah 17:9 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"  That doesn’t support the familiar "follow your heart" advice!  When I follow my heart, I am filled with pride, self-centered, selfish, and want to be king of my life!  God says in V.10, "I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins ..."  Mercy! Yes, mercy is what I need when I think that God searches my heart. You see, my heart becomes a springboard to whatever I feed it.  The old saying, "you are what you eat," also applies to the heart.  Oh, how I want the right stuff to come out when life squeezes.  Christ on the heart-throne is the only way a heart pours forth Living Water of Beauty and Righteousness.  That, now, can be described as truly Magnificent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home