Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Misplaced Things

Misplacing things is one of my past times!  Socks, receipts, paperwork ... the list grows endless.  Like many folks, however, of all the things I've lost - it's my mind I miss the most!

 

For the Believer, perhaps the easiest and most frequent thing lost, is the Joy of Christ. You do know, of course, it’s not really lost ... just misplaced.  The following "borrowed blessing" written by blind eight-year old Fanny Crosby, reminds me in Whom (the Person of Jesus Christ) real joy is found!  May His Joy be renewed within!

 

O what a happy soul am I!  Although I cannot see,

I am resolved that in this world contented I will be;

How many blessings I enjoy that other people don't!

To weep and sigh because I'm blind, I cannot, and I won't. – Fanny Crosby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home