Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Place

Who doesn't want to be at a happy place in this life?  So much of each day is determined early -- how we face the dawn!  The happy place is there; we just have to decide that is where we will go and spend the day.

The Psalmist wrote, "Blessed [happy] are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart." (119:2) There's the road map, the recipe for happiness and the first blessing of the day.  I love what George Eliot wrote, "I've been a great deal happier since I have given up thinking about what is easy and pleasant, and being discontented because I couldn't have my own will." What a Godly attitude ... and what a challenge for each of us to just give ours up to Him.  So, where will you spend today?

The comfort of a mind at rest
From every care Thou hast not blest;
A heart from all the world set free,
To worship and to wait on Thee.  -- A. L. Waring

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home