Monday, June 18, 2012

Choose Simple

We're encouraged to drink more water, so I make it a habit to carry a case of it in my car. Now, paying for water makes my Dad nuts! Sorry, Dad!

God gave only one "do not" to our first parents; of the tree of knowledge, He said "Thou shalt not eat of it ... Thou shalt surely die." (Genesis 2:17). For Adam and Eve, created in the image of God – sinless, here was their opportunity to choose right in preference to wrong.  Face-to-face with the choice of submission or rebellion, obedience or self-centeredness, it was time to confirm their holiness.  We, of course, know the choice they made!  Have you bought water lately – good grief!  Will it be spring or purified, mineral or vitamin, artesian or well, sparkling or flavored?  Just how does the Believer choose wisely?  Of a personal weakness, Paul received an answer from God: “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9, ESV)  Sin is upon us, inviting us at every turn to turn away from submission to The Creator Who designed us unto holiness.  My Dad will quickly and adamantly advise, “drink tap water,” which he does!  Obedience is really that simple; I did not say “easy, but “simple.”  Believer, close your eyes to the distraction of choices – obey.  Simply … choose simple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home