Friday, July 13, 2012

Delightful Steps

My morning routine remains unchanged during this summer break, although it begins quite a bit later in the day.  Whoohoo

When is last time you asked God what He had planned for you today?  There are so many options to how I will spend the day, and it’s much easier and convenient to choose from MY menu rather than God’s!  Notice how the psalmist set his focus on the LORD early in the day: “O LORD, in the morning You hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for You and watch.” (Psalm 5:3, ESV)  Prayer is special anytime but morning prayer is most needful when we seriously desire to fill the day with eternal significance.  Seeking God’s Face before the day begins then obediently going His Way will always lead to fulfilling and satisfying things.  I’ve noticed this: when I do things my way and by myself, it has my name written all over it – it looks like me.  However, when God authors and steers what I do, it all looks like and honors Him in every way.  Truth is, there’s a huge difference!  The King James translation of Psalm 5:3 reads “My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up.”  Like the archer who shoots an arrow watches to see how near it has come to the mark, so should we pray then look up [with spiritual eyes] watching how God will accomplish His day’s work through us.  Summer break will end soon then I’ll be back to the morning routine at its regular time, but every day (year-round) should begin God hearing my voice.  We must not forget, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in His Way.” (Psalm 37:23)  It’s the only way to delightful steps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home