Monday, January 7, 2013

New You


Happy New Year! Are you sportin’ something new: new hairstyle, new car, new clothes, new phone? About the only thing “new” for me is a 2013 daily planner. Also new, for me, will be keeping it current and knowing its location!

One of my favorite “new” things from Christmas is a book Dad and Mom gave me (and all children and grandchildren) named, The Joshua Code: 52 Scripture Verses Every Believer Should Know, by O. S. Hawkins. The premise of the book is Joshua 1:8, “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Like my Dad, I love books. More importantly, I am passionate for books that inspire me to God’s plan for prosperity and success. As a pre-teen, I was challenged to memorize Scripture, primarily motivated to earn a free week of summer camp. Something amazing happened over the years, however. It became more than just an annual week of summer fun; a foundation was laid for the older-me. God’s Word took root in me as He promised in Psalm 119:11, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Few people I know are serious about New Year’s resolutions, but new goals are good – they challenge us to be better in particular areas of our lives. In whatever season of life you find yourself, be challenged to be the “you” God designed. The best resource will always be the Bible -- the Creator’s Handbook, His love letter to us. Whether you invest in a new Bible or just dust off the old one, take a seriously new look at the Ancient Words. Before long, you’ll be sportin’ a … new you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home