Friday, March 1, 2013

Face Time

Seeing myself on video is awful! Our technology team recently held a video conference session, each from our respective locations, to test a new piece of software. The whole thing sort of weirded me out; at some point, I quit paying attention and my camera shifted to body parts that do not generally talk back. Good grief!

Nancy Leigh DeMoss wrote this in a recent devotion, “In our electronic culture, ‘face time’ is important.” She then referred to Exodus 33 of Moses’ face-to-face encounter with God: “And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.” (33:11). Right now, I can think of a few people I’d like some face-time with -- relatives I haven’t seen in a while, friends I’ve only been connected with through email or messaging. I can’t imagine rarely seeing Mr. Bill or my children, not spending time in conversation and staying connected with them. Sadly, that’s just how many Christians live, imagining they can enjoy fellowship with God apart from time with Him. Larnelle Harris wrote a song, “I Miss My Time With You,” describing God’s thoughts about missed time with His children: “I miss My time with you -- Those moments together -- I need to be with you each day -- And it hurts Me when you say -- You're too busy, busy trying to serve Me -- But how can you serve Me -- When your spirit's empty -- There's a longing in My heart -- Wanting more than just a part of you -- It's true, I miss My time with you.” We are called to Coram Deo living – Latin for living in the Presence of God, continuously before His Face. Oh, what a blessed place to be! Don’t delay – Spend time with Him today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home