Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fixed

This is all-star season in baseball. Local little league teams and major league teams made up of some of baseball’s best are taking the field. Fans have their favorite player(s), and expect all-star performances! Parents of past baseball players, Mr. Bill and I did the all-star scene. Of course, they play as a team but I know two sets of eyes that were fixed on particular all-star players!

Make no mistake – God’s eyes are on His faithful. An all-star coach looks for the bravest, brightest, and best to fill the positions on his team – so does God. What greater way can we honor The King than [in His grace] walking righteously. He said, “I will look with favor on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with Me; he who walks in the way that is blameless shall minister to Me.” (Psalm 101:6). Mr. Bill came to watch me play basketball and softball, and oh how I loved knowing my guy was in the stands. He may have been watching the game, but I knew his eyes were on me. What joy – What delight – What comfort to know the eyes of The King are on His own as they walk according to His Word and ways. We are ambassadors (representatives) of Christ Jesus – His all-star best. Let us evermore fix our eyes on Him – His eyes are fixed on us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home