Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Celebrate His Word!

There’s endless reasons to party! It’s usually a birthday, a retirement, an engagement, an anniversary – oh, the reasons are endless. Parties usually have a definite beginning and end except for when it’s my birthday. You see, I love my birthday so I begin celebrating when the first gift arrives and I stop celebrating … well, when I get good-and-ready! LOL

God’s Word celebrates God’s words! Psalm 119 is the longest psalm and chapter in the Bible. We do not know for certain who God used to write it, but it is clearly one who understood the instructions therein as righteous, true, and sure. The chapter is filled with reasons Christians should faithfully be in The Word: V.11 – I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You; V.72 – The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces; V.81 – My soul longs for Your salvation; I hope in Your word; V.97 – Oh how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day; V.105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path; V.160 – The sum of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous rules endures forever; V.174 – I long for Your salvation, O LORD, and Your law is my delight. Fifteen years ago (August 5, 1998), I wrote the first “Morning with Beverly.” Now, that may seem like a real reason to celebrate; it is a long time and many devotions, but it’s not the real reason for celebration. That’s 5,475 days (more-or-less) of being in God’s Word! I rejoice at His revelation to man and that not one word fails to accomplish His purpose in the life of anyone who reads It! It was a personal crisis in my life that led me to make the commitment and of the many times I have not been obedient, I’m so glad I obeyed this command! Is reading The Bible part of your day? If not, today is the perfect day to begin. Celebrate the Beauty of God’s Word, and let His Beauty take root!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home