Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Layin' Down - Pickin' Up

Lately, I spend so much time looking for things. The biggest frustration comes from misplaced glasses. I take them off so I can see close-up stuff, then forget where I laid them down. Before long, I'm needing my specs in a bad way. I can't pick 'em up 'cause I don't remember where I laid 'em down!

Christians should not be anxious people. Philippians 4:6 says, "Be anxious for nothing ... " It's the "nothing" part that usually gets me! Things rock along fairly well and in God's grace, anxiety is under control, then along comes the-whopper-of-something and God is left in a dust of my anxiety! The rest of that verse is, ". . . but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." Why can't I just lay down that whopper-issue with God then forget it like a pair of glasses ... I can't keep up with! God truly cares about every anxious moment. He is so gracious -- He doesn't leave us empty-handed. He replaces all anxiety (big and small) with His perfect peace. How's that for layin' something down and pickin' something up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home