Friday, July 12, 2013

See the Good

Roller skating, water nor snow skiing came easily for me. Many tough landings and rough tumbles later, I realized being athletic never seems to trump training!

Real Christianity isn’t for the ill-equipped. I was well-equipped for my first snow-ski adventure: ski pants, jacket, gloves, skis -- I even had money for hot chocolate! Lacking, however, was the necessary training! Did you know God is more concerned with our spiritual maturity than with our comfort? Spiritual growth comes at a cost, and usually by way of the “no-comfort zone!” James wrote, “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” (James 1:2-4). At the ski slope, I saw proficient skiers moving gracefully and thought “Yes! I can do this” then quickly learned [out-of-the-gate] I could not! God doesn’t expect us to throw a party when times are tough [and uncomfortable], but we must “think forward” and consider the good God is working in our lives, bringing us to the potential we are designed. He calls us to think about the future good rather than the present difficulties. “For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.” (Hebrews 12:11). However difficult your present struggle or dark the storm, don’t be discouraged by the training ground. Instead, look ahead, and what is being accomplished in you for Christ. See the good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home