Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Soaring Lessons

Oh, how I wanted to learn to play the piano! But, oh, how I hated to practice! Thirty minutes a day, said every piano teacher I had. There was no disguising whether you had really practiced or not – she always knew!

Let me ask: how’s the soaring lessons? When we are born-again, we’re given a new nature in Christ. Much like the life of the baby eagle, soaring takes some practice. Even (and especially) in this new life it’s common to feel we’re being pushed over the edge, wondering what God is up to. Many Believers become discouraged, angry, and disillusioned at the struggles to persevere. The Father reassures us He does not forget us: “But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear Him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love.” (Psalm 33:18). We are never – not for one fraction of a moment – out of His care and keeping: “The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their cry.” (Psalm 34:15). Soaring lessons are tough – I’m in the middle of physical therapy for my new knee right now – yes, I know, soaring lessons generally extend pain. With mercy, God hears every cry – feels every ache – sees every tear. On the battlefield of training, the sweetness of His Presence gives wings to our soaring. And, we never soar alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home