Sunday, November 24, 2013

Potential Sunshine

"The hands of those I meet are dumbly eloquent to me. I have met people so empty of joy that when I clasped their frosty fingertips it seemed as if I were shaking hands with a northeast storm. Others there are whose hands have sunbeams in them, so that their grasp warms my heart. It may be only the clinging touch of a child's hand, but there is as much potential sunshine in it for me as there is in a loving glance for others." -- Helen Keller

 

Did that give you a mental picture of someone?  I believe it is truly a tender gift from The Father when one cannot help but emit His Love.  It may be a gentle & quiet spirit or perhaps a warm & genuine acceptance.  However His Love is manifest, its sincerity cannot be mistaken nor the depth defined from which it comes.  There is within each of us great potential for sunshine. Sir James M. Barrie wrote, "Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."  It is written "he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." (Proverbs 11:25)  Let us be challenged to embrace The Source of our potential sunshine, and let it shine forth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home