Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Make Some Noise!

Juke boxes are not high on my list of favorite things!  I cannot count the times when the restaurant was peaceful and quiet when some thunderous racket [oops, I mean music] invaded.  Rarely, and I mean rarely, does it end with one song.  Usually, you can count on it just getting worse!

 

The Old Testament Prophet Isaiah was quite a noise-maker in his day!  One of the things he declared was the coming of The Messiah: "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)  We sing "Silent Night," but I suspect Bethlehem was anything but silent that night! Aside from the huge numbers of people in town for the census, I imagine the angels made some real noise!  I cannot imagine Heaven's choir singing softly or [actually] holding anything back; they most likely couldn’t contain themselves because they knew well Who had just arrived to earth. Isaiah, the angels, the shepherds all trumpeted the Good News of Jesus’ Birth so why do we have such trouble telling It?  It's time to make some noise!  Share His Story with someone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home