Monday, February 3, 2014

End-Of-Me

"Life is easier than you think -- all you have to do is: accept the impossible, do without the indispensable, bear the intolerable, and be able to smile at anything." Just when I begin to think too much of me, I find myself standing at my office door trying to unlock it with my vehicle's keyless entry!

 

What do you do in the "face" of troubles?  Oh, I'm sure answers are varying and endless -- scream, holler, slam doors, stomp feet, count to ten, pout. God has quite a different answer for the anythings of life: "Consider it pure joy ... whenever you face trials of many kinds ... so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4) Being able to smile at anything is a real challenge, and the best practice is to get to the end-of-ourselves. The "end of me" seems to be where I find the greatest faith; that place where I give-me-over to God and His Strength. Not-so-amazingly, that is where I find pure joy. Let each of us find that end-of-me place today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home