Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What's Your State?

Georgia History was one of my favorite 8th grade classes.  As eighth graders, Dennis & Dustin also studied the history of our state, now called "Georgia Studies." Guess what – very few facts changed!

 

Truly one of the greatest challenges for Believers [certainly at the top of my list] is Philippians 4:11, "I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  The "state" or place we find peace and contentment is of much greater value to God than the "state" we actively pursue unless [of course] they are one and the same!  When the State we find peace is the same State we are pursuing, then we are in the right State!  People wondered about the blind girl as she played so happily, but little Fanny Crosby seemed to be more joyful than anyone. Blind from a young age, Fanny's mother grieved to think of the dark world her little girl would know; to this, Fanny said "Don't waste sympathy on me -- I'm the happiest person alive!" She married a blind Methodist minister, and they had a child who died as an infant.  All her sorrow and victory was poured into music. During her life she wrote thousands of hymns which have been sung all over the world. Having completely accepted her blindness, she often said "the first time I see, I want to see my Savior’s face."  Don’t you see -- Fanny was in the right State; what state are you in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home